Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hola!

Greetings!! I am back from Mexico. We had a lovely vacation and couldn't have asked for this to come at a better time. Unfortunately, we came back to -15c and some snow from earlier in the week... so you can bet we're wishing we had just bought a condo and stayed there.

Anyhow, since I am still un-employed, I stayed home today, but one of the things I did do, was get a head-start on my gardening. I am hoping we've seen the last of the snow, so I was more than excited to whip out the little Zippy gardening tray I picked up the day I lost my job. Plus the several packets of seeds.

This was the easiest thing I have done. Hopefully, we should start to see some flowers, herbs and vegetables, sprouting in the near future.

Here's a quick how-to:

1. Pick up gardening tray from store (Walmart), mine was less than $10CDN, and has 72 packets in it!!! Pick out a couple packs of seeds. I just chose what I liked, some of them recommend early-starting, some didn't.... I wasn't picky...



2. Add water to the little packets (it took about 10 cups to completely wet the whole tray) so that they grow to full-size.


3. Gently open the netting and fluff, and level the soil.



4. Using a finger, I created a little hole for the seeds

5. Depending on the seed type and size, plant one to a couple per packet. Recover seeds (it suggested peat, which I didn't have, so I just used the soil I moved when I made the hole)

6. Pop the top of the greenhouse back on, stick in a warm area WITHOUT direct sun.

7. Wait and watch for sprouts to shoot!!!
Easy peasy!

No comments: