Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

We've never really done Halloween decorating around these parts.  I think it's mostly cause we don't have kids and also because Cory's just not a fan.  I think next year I am gonna step it up a bit cause I really like seeing other people's decor,  so I will be hitting up the clearance bins all over the place for sure this week.

Since I decided, pretty much last night that I wanted to do something, I didn't have time to buy anything.   So in working with what I had, this is the very basic set up we arranged:



I wish I had taken some better pictures earlier in the day....


Luckily, I knew that I wanted to get a reusable pumpkin, so I picked one up earlier this week at Walmart. I know, I know it kind of takes the fun out of the whole thing, but until we have some little ones to carve pumpkins, plugging this smiley guy in, suits us just fine.  Plus, he's nice and tall so I don't have to worry about finding a nice sized one to carve.



We're clearing out some of the old showhome furniture in our warehouse at work, I snagged this little cream Ikea table for $10 from work.  I knew it would come in handy for a ton of different things but since it matches the trim on our house, I knew the porch was a good spot for it.

My little scarecrow was a $2 buy from Dollarama last year.  I wrapped his hand around the doorbell and it looked pretty cute.  You can't really see, but he's holding onto a little oil rubbed bronze Princess House basket filled with fake pumpkins and gourds.

On the lower shelf, I put this great little lantern.  It's a Partylite lantern that came with interchangeable magnetic templates which I can change out based on the season.  This is the first time I've used this Autumnal template and I LOVE IT!!

Here's a closer view:

It actually put out quite a bit of light and added to that great spooky Halloween vibe.   I also unintentionally used some cranberry smelling candles inside so the porch smelled nice and pretty :)

It cetainly needs  a lot of work, but I think I have the bug for next year!

No comments: